Island Attractions & Day Trips
- Baku Water park – a great day out for the family and just a few minutes walk from Las Fuentes
- Flag Beach/ San dunes - a perfect way to spend the day, and if you're feeling energetic you could try your hand at surfing!
- El Cotillo – this is a picturesque beach with beautiful cystal clear blue waters perfect for a relaxing picnic and wave watching (advisable to take items with you as facilities are limited)
- Jandia peninsula – to the south of the island this is a gorgeous beach where they have the windsurfing championships. The town offers a wide selection of facilities.
- Costa Calma – you will pass this town en route to Jandia – it is a very lush, green town and feels very tropical!
- La Lajita Zoo – small zoo which has parrot shows, camel safaris and horse rides
- Betancuria – original capital of the island with a pretty church and museum
- Lanzarote – if you want to island hop then you can get there in just 12 minutes
- Isla de Lobos – day out on a boat trip and is great for snorkelling
These are some informative and useful websites: